The Good Life Festival: Meet the Food Trucks!
On February 9th, the Good Life Festival is presenting wine tasting, food trucks, celebrity chefs and live music. Join Food Network Stars and Celebrity Chefs Tyler Florence and Duff Goldman at the ultimate food and wine festival at Encanterra, where guests can enjoy fine wines and champagne, alongside the Valley’s best food truck fare while rocking out to the sounds of Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac tribute band, Bella Donna.
Top food trucks from around the area will be in attendance including:
- Burgers Amore dishing up made-to-order and freshly grilled beef burgers, chicken burgers, turkey burgers, veggie burgers, salmon burgers, bison burgers and pork burgers. Family owned and operated, Burgers Amore has been serving the Phoenix Metropolitan area since 1973.
- Lulu’s Italian Ice features Italian flavored ice made fresh daily with seasonal fruit, 100 percent natural fruit juices, cane sugar and the best flavorings. Smooth like ice cream, but made without dairy, the Natale family brings this unique treat from Philadelphia and New York to the Valley. Flavors include all natural lemon and mango, plus kid favorites like cotton candy, blue raspberry and cherry.
- Maine Lobster Lady’s lobster shack on wheels offers diners the “Ultimate White Meat.” Responsibly harvested and sustainable, Maine Lobster is healthy, low in fat and cholesterol, high in protein and off-the-charts delicious. Order up a lobster roll “Traditional Style” with chunks of chilled lobster meat tossed with a touch of lemon aioli in a butter grilled roll, or try it warm, drizzled with melted butter.
- Mister Softee has been bringing ice cream treats curbside since 1956. Mister Softee offers freshly made soft serve ice cream sundaes, soda floats, cones, cups, banana splits and shakes.
- Old Dixie’s Kitchen gives Chef Michael Babcock a chance to share a true taste of authentic southern cuisine with the people of Phoenix. House (aka truck) specials include fried chicken and biscuit sandwiches, red beans and rice, Carolina style pulled pork, gumbo and housemade boudin sausage.
- Pizza People are serving up pie on the fly. Pizza People is the vision of longtime Phoenix residents MaryBeth and Tim Scanlon who are focused on making great tasting, affordable food using fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- Q Up! BBQ takes bomb diggitty BBQ to the streets. A chef and foodie at heart, the owner of Q Up! BBQ wanted to share his passion and love for food with everyone by way of good serving size, reasonable prices and the freshest, tastiest ingredients available.
- Sandra Dee’s Catering specializes in providing the finest Louisiana cuisine, offering the best of Creole and Cajun flavors. The menu features dishes with influences from France, Spain, Africa, Germany, Italy and the West Indies.
- Spice It Up makes life more flavorful, incorporating tastes, textures, ingredients and spices from around the world. Their menu uses spices as an artist uses a palette to tone and color the food.
- Tom’s BBQ rolls out its iconic Pig Rig chock full of the great Tom’s BBQ flavors. Menu items include a variety of smoked meats topped with Tom’s own recipe of BBQ sauce and homemade sides.
- Gourmet Command Center serves the best of East Coast fare with a Southwest flare. Husband and wife owners Bernie Boyle and Cindie Powell-Boyle make their food truck a family affair.
- J-Licious (aka T-Licious Teazy Taco) specializes in Mexican food, with dishes such as shrimp ceviche, machaca, nachos and award-winning tacos.
- Street Kitchen Food Truck – debuting at The Good Life Festival for its first event, this brand new food truck is the baby of LTB Concepts and culinary genius Chef Aaron May (helped to open establishments such as Over Easy, The Lodge, Reneade Tap and Kitchen, May’s Counter Chicken & Waffles and Praying Monk). The menu features breakfast and lunch items such as friend egg sandwiches, breakfast burros, Korean tacos, turkey pastrami wraps, lettuce turnip burgers, and more.
- Udder Delights specializes in homemade ice cream, cookies, brownies, pastries and ice cream cakes. You won’t find a more delectable assortment of goodies anywhere.
- The Grilled Cheese Truck brings a favorite childhood (and adult) comfort food, the grilled cheese sandwich, to the streets. The original truck is based in Los Angeles, but the concept has expanded to the Phoenix market. Its sandwiches are not just the classic bread, butter and cheese, but amazing creations that are constructed with the best ingredients, local produce and chock full of love.