Summer Beauty Tips from the Trilogy Spas
The harsh summer sun, salty air, chlorinated pools, and intensely hot temperatures can do a number on the health of your skin and hair. If you’re wondering how you can be proactive about protecting your body from the effects of sun and sea, the wellness experts at the Trilogy spas are a wonderful resource for all of your summer beauty and wellness concerns. Below, they share some of their top tips for getting your body spa-ready just in time for summer.
Summer Spa Tips from the Wellness Experts at the Alvea Spa, Trilogy at Vistancia
Sun Care for your Hair
When your hair has been exposed to sun, sea salt, wind or chlorinated pool water it can often become dry, rough to the touch, brittle, difficult to style and susceptible to discoloring. Exposure to these various aggressions alters the hair cuticle. The weakened hair may lose its elasticity and become discolored luckily there are things that you can do to protect the integrity of your hair and protect your hair from color fade caused by UVA/UVB and visible light rays.
Consider some of these basic tips and product suggestions for preventing unnecessary damage and gaining great summer hair:
1. Give your hair a summer shampoo break. Shampoo less often to allow your hair to absorb natural oils. Or switch to more gentle cleansing methods, which won’t dry out sun exposed strands. Hair needs to be treated more gently during the summer. Consider switching to a more moisturizing and overall gentle shampoo formula like Phyto’s Phytojoba or similar. When possible, finish with a cool to cold rinse to seal the hair cuticle and impart natural shimmer.
2. Take a break from heated hair styling tools. If you normally use hot styling tools (blow dryers, hot irons, rollers), give your hair a rest during summer months. Air dry whenever possible. If you’re attached to your blow dryer and can’t give it up, use a leave-in conditioner designed to protect your hair against dryer heat such as Phyto’s Phytomist daily.
3. Give your rinse-out conditioning treatments a boost. When you cleanse be sure to apply a rinse-out conditioner appropriate for your hair, type, texture and current condition. After towel drying, apply a drop or two of a great leave-in product, like Phyto #7 or Phyto #9, to the palms of your hands, rub hands together and then distribute leave-in products evenly and comb through the hair.
4. Schedule regular trims and deep conditioning treatments. Since summer sun can rob moisture from your tresses, make sure you have your ends trimmed every 4-6 weeks during the summer months and indulge in a deep conditioning treatment while you are there.
5. Cover up or use SPF for your hair. Wear a hat. Hanging out in the sun without protection for your hair and scalp is the worst thing you can do. If you are unwilling to wear a hat, be certain to use leave in hair products with SPF protection such as Phyto Sun Veil.
6. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. While it’s important to amp up your moisturizing and conditioning duties during summer months, remember to keep your roots and hair hydrated from the inside out. Drink plenty of water. You will not only see the benefits of staying hydrated in the health of your hair, but you will see a noticeable difference in your skin as well.
If you are interested in purchasing any of the Phyto products listed, please call the Alvea Spa at Trilogy at Vistancia at 623.215.6290. We can ship any products directly to your house.
Summer Spa Tips from the Wellness Experts at Vista Spa & Fitness of Trilogy at Rio Vista
Soothe Your Body and Mind this Summer
For our coastal Trilogy members – or for those who will be vacationing at the shore – summer is a great time of the year for a nice evening beach stroll. Use this time to unwind and refresh the spirit by breathing in the clean ocean air. Dip your feet in the salty water to feel cleansed, physically and mentally, as the ocean is known for its spiritually clearing powers.
While At the beach, take more notice of the warm sensations of the sand on your feet and how this makes you feel (e.g. calm, warm, happy, or peaceful). Close your eyes and allow this sensation to be felt throughout your body, starting from the top of your head right through to the tips of your toes. Hold the positive feelings as long as you as they radiate throughout your entire body. This will encourage inner peace and contentment.
Whether you’re at the beach or just out for a summer stroll around the neighborhood, use a good quality, high SPF sun block on your face and body, and be sure to reapply regularly. The skin is the body’s largest organ and it takes the greatest amount of punishment during the summer months. Your skin and all of your organs will thank you if you stay hydrated as the heat rises. As a rule of thumb, drink double the amount that you would normally drink in the winter months.
You can also prepare your skin for summer by detoxing – getting rid of all the toxins that cause cellulite, dry skin, and dullness. Spend one week eating only the freshest organic vegetables, and consider adding a liver flush tonic to aid in detoxification. In addition to hydrating and detoxing, if you put a facial masque on each week (use your favorite television show to remind you that it’s that time again), you’ll be amazed at the summer glow you’re able to achieve.
Lastly, take the time to treat your body to a pampering spa session before summer hits. Check out the Summer Spa Specials below and call Vista Spa & Fitness at (707) 374-4200 to learn more.
Deep Tissue Massage
Works deep to decrease tightness, aids in decreasing chronic muscle fatigue and improves recovery and soreness.
50 minutes: Regularly $60, now $50 for the summer
80 minutes: Regularly $90, now $80 for the summer
Includes 50 minute Swedish Massage with a revitalizing foot treatment that includes foot scrub, hot towels, foot massage and hydrating moisturizer.
80 minutes for $70
2 Trilogy Signature Face Lift Facials
This revolutionary signature facelift will change the image of your skin in just one application. Vitamin C, glycolic acid is gentle but has highly active enzymes to speed up cellular turnover that brightens, tightens and lightens your skin!
Enjoy two 50-minute facials for $110 (regularly $130)
Summer Spa Tips from the Wellness Experts at the Alvea Spa of Encanterra
Beautify Your Skin for Summer
It’s time to prepare your skin for the summer. A few simple things can help ward of dehydrated and itchy skin as the temperatures rise in the months ahead.
First, we recommend beginning the season with a professional facial and then scheduling additional facials every six to eight weeks. A professional facial stimulates the exfoliation process, keeping skin more toned and youthful-looking.
To help maintain the benefits of your facial, keep the following simple summer tips in mind.
- Fill your plate with foods that enhance your skin’s hydration, such as water-filled fruits and vegetables. Avocado is a great addition to summer salads, as it’s known for its’ healthy fats, vitamin E and C that help to keep skin plump and hydrated.
- Exercise! Exercising increases oxygenated blood flow and helps release toxins.
- Exfoliate with a dry brush once a week to increase circulation for smoother and brighter skin.
- Moisturize immediately following your shower or bath.
- Get plenty of zzzz’s.
- Stay in the shade whenever possible.
- And of course, drink lots of H2O!
If you come into the Alvea Spa this month, we’ll have plenty of specials that will get you feeling spa ready for summer! In celebration of Father’s Day, we will offer a Gentleman’s Spa package that includes a Sports Massage and a Gentleman’s Facial for $119. Or, pamper your feet with the popular Peach Indulgence Pedicure for only $52. This pedicure has it all, including paraffin, serum, massage, and hydrating lotion. Look for new summer colors or add a bit of glitter for some summer sparkle! We’ll also be offering an “Energizing” Aromatherapy Massage for $63. Sweet ginger iced tea and cookies will accompany any spa treatment in the month of June. Call the Alvea Spa at 480.677.8070 to learn more.
Tip from the Wellness Experts at Tranquility Spa, Trilogy at Redmond Ridge
The Key to Smooth Summer Skin is Exfoliation
Exfoliation involves the removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin’s outermost surface, and has been used for many years to help maintain healthy skin. Exfoliation is involved in the process of all facials, during microdermabrasion or chemical peels at medical spas. Exfoliation can be achieved through mechanical or chemical means.
New skin cells are created in the skin’s lower layer, the dermis. Over time, cells migrate to the surface of the skin and become more acidic. During their 30 day journey, they die and become saturated with keratin. Keratin is important because it protects the skin from outside elements. Through the ageing process, and after menopause for women, the natural process of skin erosion becomes uneven, which gives skin a dry and rough character.
Exfoliation removes the outer layer to reveal the newer skin beneath. This shedding of the outer layer unclogs pores, keeps skin clean, and helps reduce acne outbreaks. Exfoliation should always be done after cleansing the skin. Exfoliation is important for men as it exposes the hair follicles, allowing a better shave. It is possible to over exfoliate, which dries and irritates the skin. The face is the part of the body most sensitive to exfoliation. Hence, provided that exfoliating causes the skin to dry out, it is very important to moisturize it.
This month’s Tranquility Spa Special has been specifically designed to cater to the needs of both men and women, with a mask to detoxify & refresh the skin and a massage to ease & soothe sore, tired muscles.
Microderm Facial includes massage of the face, neck, and décolleté.
This unique facial removes dead, flaky skin cells, smoothes skin’s texture and stimulates collagen production. This non-invasive treatment combats signs of aging including fine line and wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, acne scars, and reduces the appearance of pores. Ideal for weathered or aging skin. Complete your service with a massage of the face, neck and décolleté.
– and –
Deep Tissue Massage with Scalp Treatment
Target areas of chronic muscle tightness with a massage that includes deep tissue and other rehabilitative techniques. Benefits include reduced pain, increased range of motion, and improved circulation for common muscular conditions including tendonitis and cramped muscles. To complete this treatment your scalp will be massaged with a blend of aromatic essential oils.
Enjoy both treatments for $145 Member Price | $170 Guest Price.
This offer must be purchased by June 30th, 2013. To make your appointment or for further information please contact the Tranquility Spa at 425.216.1366. Services expire and are available through September 30, 2013. Not valid with any other offer.