Eight Remarkable Benefits of a Regular Exercise Routine
Most of us want to look and feel better, and we know that regular exercise is a great way to do that. Yes, a fitness routine is one essential step toward losing weight or correcting health problems like high cholesterol and elevated blood pressure. But regular exercise has lots of other benefits too—some that you probably haven’t thought of. Here are some of the most notable:
- You’ll feel better all day long. Exercise feels awesome when you do it, but those positive feelings tend to last long after you’ve showered and moved on with the rest of your day. That means greater productivity, no matter what you’re doing.
- You’ll feel happier. Heard of endorphins? When you exercise, the brain releases them, leading to increased feelings of happiness and positivity. The more you exercise, the better you will feel about yourself. So, that energetic feeling you get when you finish a workout is a real thing. Those endorphins are doing their job!
- Your motivation will rise. When you set an exercise objective, whether that’s running a 5K, doing a triathlon, or just feeling stronger, it gives you a boost of self-esteem and motivation. There’s something important about setting goals and planning out how you will reach them.
- Your motivation can seep into other areas of your life. Successful executives often talk about their exercise routines being an important part of their lives, and for good reason. Once you get into an exercise habit, those feelings of increased motivation lead to a surge of confidence—and that can translate into lots of other areas.
- You’ll sleep better. It’s a fact: regular exercise has been proven to improve sleep by strengthening circadian rhythms. That helps you stay alert during the day and get sleepy at night, avoiding problems like insomnia.
- And when you’re awake, you’ll feel more energized. Research also shows that exercise can improve the quality of your sleep as well. It can stimulate longer periods of the most restorative stages of sleep, so you wake up feeling refreshed and full of energy.
- If you struggle with anxiety or depression, exercise can help. If you deal with mild or moderate anxiety or depression, exercise can be a very effective treatment. And even if it’s just a daily walk or swim or time working in the garden, that consistent effort to get your heart pumping will work wonders for your mental health.
- It can help you make friends. At a place like Trilogy, exercise is a very social activity. Our Resort Clubs offer all kinds of ways to get active—from fitness classes to tennis and pickleball courts, from our organized outings for hikes and walks to our yoga and Pilates classes. Many Trilogy Members get to know each other through these classes, which makes them fun!
At Trilogy, we believe in encouraging people to make wellness a part of their lives, and exercise is an essential component of that. But whether you’re someone who already enjoys exercise or is trying to get into the fitness habit, you’ll be happy to know that the benefits are many! So, get out there, get your sweat on, and feel good about everything you’re doing for your body, mind, and soul!
Construction: SHALC GC, INC. (AZ ROC#291056) (FL #CBC1260716) (NC #75061) (NV #0080574) (VA #2705152813) (WA #SHALCGI863P9). Shea Homes Limited Partnership (CA CSLB #855368). Shea Homes, Inc. (CA CSLB #672285). SHSC GC, Inc. (CA CSLB #1012096). Sales: Shea Homes Marketing Company (CalDRE #01378646) (FL #CQ1034437). Shea Communities Marketing Company (AZ DRE #CO001121000) (NC #C25840) (NV #B.1002134.CORP) (WA #19548). Homes in Jubilee, Lake Frederick, Lake Norman, Summerlin, Orlando, Rio Vista, Tehaleh, Vineyards, and Vistancia locations are intended for occupancy by at least one person 55 years of age or older, with certain exceptions. Ocala is a 55+ community, with select neighborhoods open to residents of all ages. Encanterra, Verde River, and Wickenburg Ranch are all-ages communities with select 55+ neighborhoods. Monarch Dunes and Rice Ranch are all-ages communities. Use of the golf course and club is at the pleasure of the club owner, and requires payment of additional fees. Polo Club is private. Homeowners must purchase a separate membership from the club owner. Pricing does not include options, elevation, or lot premiums, effective date of publication and subject to change without notice. All square footages and measurements are approximate and subject to change without notice. IN ARIZONA, A PUBLIC REPORT IS AVAILABLE ON THE STATE REAL ESTATE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE. This is not intended to be an offer to sell, nor a solicitation of an offer to buy real estate to residents of any state or jurisdiction prohibited by law. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Equal Housing Opportunity. Consult your physician or other health care professional prior to beginning any exercise program, especially if you (or your family) have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease, smoke, have high cholesterol, are obese, or have a bone or joint issues that may worsen with activity. Do not rely on this post as a replacement for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.