A Tasty Thanksgiving Recipe From Region’s 117 Restaurant at Trilogy Lake Frederick
At Region’s 117, we pride ourselves on our locally sourced ingredients. Now you can have your very own farm-to-table cuisine this Thanksgiving! Here’s a delicious recipe for buttermilk biscuits with chives and cheese straight from the desk of Executive Chef Scott Bilstad. Just pick up some McClure baby Swiss-style cheese and unsalted butter from Mountain View Farms in Fairfield, Va., or your favorite local dairy:
Cheesy Drop Biscuits
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of kosher salt 4 oz of unsalted butter (cold and cubed)
- 1⁄4 cup of grated Mcclure cheese (swiss)
- 1 oz chives (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Melted butter for tops.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- With a mixer like Kitchen Aid with the paddle attachment, mix the well-combined dry ingredients with the cold butter, cheese, and chives until it resembles coarse corn meal. With the mixer on low speed add the eggs one-by-one until well incorporated with flour mix. Continue on a low speed and in a steady stream add the buttermilk to the mix and further mix until all the butter milk is incorporated.
- Scoop with a one-ounce scoop on a sheet tray and while baking brush with butter.
- Cook for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.